Garmin is famous for its customizable watch faces. With no time limit, you can change, install, and edit Watch Faces using the Garmin Connect app. Plus, you can download any face you want from the Connect IQ store. In this post, I will explain everything you need to know about customizing your watch face.
Read also: How Can You Text From a Smartwatch?
There are three main watch faces: Data fields, Analog, and Digital. Data fields display information such as steps taken, heart rate, or distance traveled. Analog watch faces look like traditional wristwatches, with the hour and minute hands. Digital watch faces can be either text-based or image-based.
You can customize the look of your watch face by changing the color, adding or removing complications, and choosing a different style for the hands.
There are two types of smartwatches in Garmin.
- Touch Screen Watches (A lot of watch faces)
- Non-touch Screen Watches (Fewer watch faces)
Table of Contents
- Can you change Garmin’s watch face?
- How to Change Garmin Watch Face in Fenix Series
- How to Change Garmin Watch Face in Vivo Series
- How to Change Garmin Watch Face in Instinct Series (Non Touch Screen)
- How to Add new Garmin watch faces?
- How to install & Edit a new Watch Face in Garmin?
- How to create a new watch face on Garmin?
- How to change the Garmin watch face back to the original?
- Video Tutorials to change Garmin Watch Face
Can you change Garmin’s watch face?
Yes, you can. While touch screen smartwatches have the advantage of changing and customizing watch faces, non-touch screen smartwatches like the Instinct editions actually provide fewer options for users. Though they are also customizable but not like the touch screen versions.
Read also: How to Remove Scratches From Smartwatch
How to Change Garmin Watch Face in Fenix Series
- Open your Smartwatch
- Hold MENU button, select Watch Face using the Start/Stop button
- Press UP or DOWN to preview the watch faces
- Either Select a Watch face or press Add New to see pre-loaded watch faces
- Press on Start/Stop button to select Apply to customize.
- Press Start/Stop button to activate the watch face.
How to Change Garmin Watch Face in Vivo Series
- Hold on to your Watch’s Screen
- Select Watch Face
- Scroll up or down to change the watch face
- Choose one and tap on that.
- Tap on Apply
How to Change Garmin Watch Face in Instinct Series (Non Touch Screen)
Instinct is very popular as a rugged smartwatch with military quality toughness and many important sensors. To change the face watch on instinct 2 series, please follow the steps below:
- Press MENU button
- Press ABC or MENU button to select Watch Face
- A scroll bar is showing now, right?
- Press the UP or DOWN button to choose your watch face
- After choosing, press GPS button. It is done!
Read also: How to answer a call on a smartwatch
How to Add new Garmin watch faces?
To add new watch faces on the Garmin smartwatch you need to connect your smartwatch with your phone. Then follow the steps.
- Open Garmin Connect App
- Swipe left and Tap on Connect IQ Store
- Top right, select Watch Faces
- Choose your new watch face and Tap Download
- After downloading, open Watch Faces again, you should see the new watch face here.
- From your smartwatch, follow the regular steps to replace the watch face.
How to install & Edit a new Watch Face in Garmin?
To edit a watch face:
- Open your Garmin Connect App
- In the top right corner, tap on three dash icon
- Tap on Face it
- Customize the view or set the picture
- Tap Send to device
- You are done! Now you can set this edited watch face.
Check also: How to Fix a Smartwatch That Won’t Turn On
How to create a new watch face on Garmin?
If you’re looking for a new Garmin watch face and you’re not satisfied with the ones available on the Connect IQ Store, you can try creating your own. You’ll need to have some basic knowledge of programming, but if you’re up to the task, you can download the Watch Face Builder app from the Connect IQ Store.
Once you have the app, you’ll be able to create a custom watch face that meets your needs and preferences. You can also share your watch face with other Garmin users, so they can enjoy it too. So if you’re looking for a new and unique way to personalize your Garmin watch, creating your own watch face is a great option.
How to change the Garmin watch face back to the original?
Have you changed your mind to set your watch face to the default one? Nothing to worry about it. To change the watch face back to the original default watch face, long-press the UP button and then select Click Options, then Watchface. You are done! It will set your watch face to the default version.
Tough screen and non-touchscreen functionalities are different. However, there is an option to change your watch face whichever you are using. If you don’t have a good watch face, it definitely wouldn’t keep you motivated all day long. Try out some of the best ones we recommended and see how they work for you!
Video Tutorials to change Garmin Watch Face
[rh_get_post_thumbnails video=1 height=200 justify=1]