Smartwatch users have been asking if they can text from their devices for years. With the release of the Apple Watch, this question has resurfaced. The answer is YES – you can send and receive text messages from your watch.
This can be a handy feature when the phone is out of reach or when users simply don’t want to pull it out of their pocket. However, you should know a few things before you start texting on your smartwatch. In this post, we’ll outline the steps required to send and receive text messages on your watch and some of the pros and cons of doing so. Let’s get started!
Read also: How to Remove Scratches From Smartwatch
Table of Contents
- Can you text from a Smartwatch?
- What Smartwatches Can you message on?
- How do I send a text from my SmartWatch?
- Can you text from your Apple watch?
- Can you text from Fitbit Smartwatch?
- Can you text from Garmin Smartwatch?
- Can you text from a Samsung Smartwatch?
- Videos for sending a message from a Smartwatch
Can you text from a Smartwatch?
Yes, you can. If you are using any of the latest smartwatches, you should be able to send text messages from your smartwatch if you are connected to your phone through Bluetooth. Almost all of the latest smartwatches support text functions. But you should keep in mind that your smartwatch should be connected to your phone.
There is another way to send messages, which is through cellular smartwatches. You can send messages from your smartwatch without connecting with your phone if you use a cellular smartwatch. But recently, cellular smartwatches are not very popular right now.
Worth reading: How to answer a call on a smartwatch
What Smartwatches Can you message on?
You can send text messages from almost every latest smartwatch. Top brands like Apple, Fitbit, Samsung, and Garmin have the opportunity to send text messages from your smartwatch. Though some old models don’t support text responses, you can check the watch’s feature page to see if this particular model supports text messages.
There is another important factor to check before you make the buying decision. Some smartwatches support only ANDROID to send text messages. Apple smartwatches also support only IOS to send messages. So it is important to check if any particular model supports both operating systems.
How do I send a text from my SmartWatch?
1. Open your smartwatch by pressing the power button. 2. Go to menus and find the message icon. 3. Select the contact you want to send a message to, 4. Type the message and press send icon. That’s it. It is a common process of sending a text from a smartwatch.
If your phone is not sending the message or if you see the watch is giving an error, simply try to enable the smartwatch as an input device before try sending a message.
Open your phone and go to settings > Bluetooth settings. Tap on the gear icon next to the device name, Enable Input Device settings, and you are now ready to use the smartwatch as your input device.
Read also: How to Fix a Smartwatch That Won’t Turn On
Can you text from your Apple watch?
Yes. You can. Your phone should be connected with an IOS device first to text from an apple watch. After connecting with an IOS device, try the following steps.
- On your watch, open the messaging app.
- On the top of your screen, tap on New Message.
- Select the contact that you want to send a message or enter a phone number
- Tap Create message
- You can now use different methods to write messages. Select any of them. For example, text.
- Type your message.
- Tap on the Send icon. That’s it.
Read more on: https://support.apple.com/guide/watch/send-messages-apd81334ff71/watchos
Can you text from Fitbit Smartwatch?
Yes. Make sure your Fitbit smartwatch is connected with a smartwatch. Try the following
- Tap the notification on your smartwatch. Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap on Reply or Replies.
- Choose a text reply or tap the emoji icon. Tap More to see additional options.
- On versa 2 +, tap the microphone icon to say our message.
- Tap send. That’s it.
Read More on: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2344.htm
Can you text from Garmin Smartwatch?
Yes. You can send using your Garmin smartwatch. But most of the Garmin supports only Android to send text messages. Check the manual if it supports IOS too. At first, make sure your phone is connected with your Garmin watch. Now Follow the steps.
- Swipe up/down to see the notifications.
- Find the message you want to reply to.
- Swipe up to see the notification options and quick responses.
- Select Reply.
- You are done! Your phone will now send the message as a text.
Read More on: https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/vivoactive4_4S/EN-US/GUID-57951C08-8FAC-4B70-B42D-AC3E4F1951CA.html
Can you text from a Samsung Smartwatch?
- Open our watch and tap Messages. Either select the message icon or contact icon to compose a message.
- Type the phone number or choose your recipient
- Swipe down to see all sending options such as Microphone, voice recording, emoji, Write, Keyboard, Quick response, Doodle, etc.
- When done, click Send. You are done.
Read more on: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078022/
What are the benefits of texting from a smartwatch
Texting from a smartwatch has several benefits. First, it’s more convenient than a phone since the watch is always within easy reach. Second, it’s less distracting than a phone since the watch screen is smaller, and the user can more easily keep track of their surroundings. Finally, it takes only a few seconds, so you can concentrate on your current task.
Read also: How accurate is a smartwatch step counter?
What are the drawbacks of texting from a smartwatch?
One of the primary issues is that the small keypad and screen can make it difficult to accurately type out messages. This can be especially frustrating if you’re trying to type out long messages or if you’re not used to the layout of the keypad. Though you can use your voice command to type messages, I recommend using only the predefined messages from a smartwatch.
Videos for sending a message from a Smartwatch
[rh_get_post_thumbnails video=1 height=200 justify=1]
These days, people are connected to their phones almost constantly. However, there are times when it is not convenient to pull out your phone, such as when you are driving or working out. In these situations, a smartwatch can be a handy alternative. Most smartwatches on the market today support text functions, so you can stay in touch even when your phone is not within reach.
To use this feature, simply pair your smartwatch with your phone via Bluetooth and then compose a message as you would on your phone. Your watch will send the message to your contacts, just like your phone. So, next time you find yourself in a situation where you can’t access your phone, don’t worry – your smartwatch has got you covered.